- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces and skinned (I didn't cut or skin mine, but the broth was a little oily so perhaps this is a good idea)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can of chicken broth (I used homemade stock)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons AP flour (or arrowroot powder if you want to make this semi-paleo, but with the wine already in I just went for the flour)
- 1 9-oz. package frozen green beans (I had a 1 lb. bag and used them all)
- 5 plum tomatoes, cut into slices (I used canned diced tomatoes)
About 40 minutes before the cooking time is up, whisk the reserved 1/4 cup broth, vinegar, and flour in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in about 1/4 cup of the hot broth from the slow cooker until blended. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the liquid in the slow cooker, without disturbing the chicken. Add the beans and tomatoes in even layers. Cover and cook on high until the mixture simmers and the beans are tender, about 35 minutes.
Bonus picture of the kid chowing down on grapes! :) I don't usually let her eat in her bedroom but really, anything to get her to sit still for hair brushing.